What are the minimum requirements for a New Member?
New members joining the Junior League of Fresno must complete the New Member course. The New Member course is a required period of orientation that begins in August and concludes in May. The New Member course provides education and training about the structure of the Junior League, along with its history and role in the community.
Successful completion of the New Member course prepares a woman for active membership in one of the many Junior League committees. It takes commitment to meet the obligations, but the rewards include giving back to the Fresno community through various projects, fundraisers, training and education opportunities, and making lifelong friendships with other League members.
- Attendance of Four (4) Monthly General Membership Meetings between September and May. It is strongly recommended that one of these meetings be the Annual Voting Meeting.
- Complete (2) Community Service Projects (beginning to end of project)
- Participate in (2) Mini Fundraiser Events.
- Participate in a Placement Interview.
- Each New Member must complete the New Member Course and pay the New Member Class Fee of $75.00.
- New Membership Dues – The Membership Fee total is $300.00 per year. First Installment of $150 due by October 1st ($67.00 – Administrative, $43.00 – AJLI Dues, $40.00 – Senior Girl Athlete Ticket). Second Installment of $150 due by May 1st (Junior League of Fresno).