Interested in joining the Junior League of Fresno?
We would love to share with you the things that Junior League of Fresno does for our community and what Junior League can do for you!
Joining JLF has a multitude of benefits:
- Meet like-minded women. JLF is comprised of over 100 members with diverse backgrounds, interests, and professions.
- Make an impact in the community. JLF volunteers support local nonprofits in a variety of hands-on opportunities.
- Hone and expand your skillset. JLF offers members a variety of leadership training opportunities.
- Build lasting relationships. JLF connects members while volunteering, attending social events, and through committee work.
The Junior League of Fresno Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be 21 at the time they sign the Membership Agreement to be eligible for membership.
Eligible and Ready to Apply?
Follow the steps below to get started.
JLF Membership is a Three-Step Process:
Step 1: Attend a New Member Informational Meeting
Prospective members must attend one informational meeting to learn about the Junior League of Fresno.
Step 2: Complete the New Member Application Online & New Member Agreement Form before the deadline. The New Member Application and New Member Agreement Form will go directly to our Membership Chair, Crystal Waller-Scott. Once the application is received, she will be in contact with you.
Step 3: Complete the New Member Course
The New Member course is a required period of orientation that begins in August and concludes in December. The New Member course provides education and training about the structure of the Junior League, along with its history and role in the community.
Successful completion of the New Member course prepares a woman for active membership in one of the many Junior League committees. It takes commitment to meet the obligations, but the rewards include giving back to the Fresno community through various projects, fundraisers, training and education opportunities, and making lifelong friendships with other League members.
New Member Requirements:
- Attend (4) Monthly General Membership Meetings between September and May. It is strongly recommended that one of these meetings be the Annual Voting Meeting.
- Complete (2) Community Service Projects (beginning to end of project)
- Participate in (2) Fundraising Events.
- Participate in a Placement Interview.
- Complete a New Member Project
Member Financial Obligations:
- Each New Member must complete the New Member Course and pay the New Member Class Fee of $75.00.
- New Membership Dues – The Membership Fee total is $300.00 per year for both new members and active members.
- First Installment (Annual Fundraising Assessment) of $150 due by October 1st ($67.00 – Administrative, $43.00 – AJLI Dues, $40 Senior Girl Athlete).
- Second Installment (Annual Membership Dues) of $150 due by May 1st (Junior League of Fresno).
If you have any questions, please contact Crystal Waller-Scott, Membership Chair at email@example.com
New Member classes will begin September 2022.