Interested in joining the Junior League of Fresno?
We would love to share with you the things that Junior League of Fresno does for our community and what Junior League can do for you!
Joining JLF has a multitude of benefits:
- Develop your leadership skills. JLF offers members a variety of leadership training opportunities.
- Make an impact in the community. JLF volunteers support local nonprofits in a variety of hands-on opportunities.
- Meet like-minded women. JLF is composed of about 80 members with diverse backgrounds, interests, and professions.
- Build lasting relationships. JLF connects members through volunteering, committee work, and social events.
- BE INSPIRED & HAVE FUN!
The Junior League of Fresno Eligibility Requirements:
- Applicants must be 21 at the time they sign the Membership Agreement to be eligible for membership.
Eligible and Ready to Apply?
Follow the steps below to get started.
As part of the New Member Development and Orientation program, Junior League of Fresno asks each new member to participate in the following:
Step 1: Complete the New Member Application Online & New Member Agreement Form. Pay the New Member Fee ($75). The New Member Application and New Member Agreement Form will go directly to our Membership Chair, Kylie Nesgis. Once the application is received, she will be in contact with you. At that time, she will assign you a mentor and provide you with your Digital Cheetah login credentials (what was used to fill out the application).
Step 2: You will attend a 30 minute to 1 hour Orientation Session with your mentor. After completion of step 1 & 2, the New Member has become an Active Member but will need to complete Step 3 still.
Step 3: Begin the eight subject training modules. The modules are to be completed within an 18-month period, based on your schedule, style of learning, and interest. Your mentor will touch base with you on a monthly basis via email, phone, text, or in person and will be available for you to contact for any questions.
The eight subjects include:
- Organizational Management
- Diversity and Inclusion
- Volunteer/Leadership Development
- Fund Development
- Community Impact
- Marketing and Communications
- JLF & AJLI History
After successful completion of these training modules, the member will be placed on a committee of their choosing. The training modules will also simultaneously meet the requirements below.
- Attend (4) Monthly General Membership Meetings between August and May. It is strongly recommended that one of these meetings be the Annual Voting Meeting.
- Complete (2) Community Service Projects (beginning to end of project)
- Participate in (2) Fundraising Events.
- Participate in a Placement Interview.
Member Financial Obligations:
- Membership Dues – The Membership Fee total is $300.00 per year for both new members and active members.
- First Installment (Annual Fundraising Assessment) of $150 due by October 1st ($67.00 – Administrative, $43.00 – AJLI Dues, $40 Senior Girl Athlete).
- Second Installment (Annual Membership Dues) of $150 due by May 1st (Junior League of Fresno).
If you have any questions, please contact Kylie Nesgis, Membership Chair at firstname.lastname@example.org