JLF Women in the Community
Many Junior League of Fresno Members have utilized their Junior League training to improve our community in their professional lives.
- Lindsay Callahan * – President and CEO United Way Fresno and Madera Counties. Board of Directors: Central Valley Afterschool Foundation, Fresno First Steps Home, Madera Workforce Investment Corporation. Hands on Central California Adult Volunteer of the Year (2015).
- Donna Gavello * – American Cancer Society. Board of Directors: Fresno Fire Chief’s Foundation, Alisa Ann Ruch Burn Foundation, Exceptional Parents Unlimited. Marjaree Mason Center’s Top Ten Business and Professional Women of the Year (2006).
- Coke Hallowell – Board of Directors: San Joaquin River Parkway and Conservation Trust – Founding Member and President (1997 – Present).
- Debra Kazanjian * – Fresno Superior Court Judge (2001 – Present). Marjaree Mason Center’s Top Ten Business and Professional Women of the Year (1993). Various community boards appointee and president.
- Sharon Levy * – Fresno County Board of Supervisors (1975 – 1998). Recipient of the Rose Ann Vuich Ethical Leadership Award (1998). Various community boards appointee.
- Sara Mirhadi – Director of Program Development Poverello House and Directors of Naomi’s House. Board of Directors: Foundation for Central Schools, Girl Scouts. Habitat for Humanity’s Family Selection Committee.
- Melinda Scott – Educator – Central High School (East Campus). Board of Directors: Creative Fresno (2013 – 2016).
- Cheryl Sullivan – Fresno City College Vice President Administrative Services. Board of Directors: Fresno Economic Opportunities Commission.
- Nykole Sullivan – Starving Artists Bistro, Owner. Board of Directors: Clovis Chamber of Commerce (2012 – 2016), Fresno Women’s Network (2008 – 2013).
- Valerie Vuicich * – Administrator, Fresno County Office of Education Career Technical Education / ROP. Association for Career & Technical Education. CA Association of Career & College Readiness Organizations. CA County Superintendents Educational Services Association CTE Council, Leadership Fresno Alumni (Class XIII); Clovis Rodeo Association. Board of Directors: Central CA Blood Center Board La Feliz Guild of Valley Children’s Hospital, Central Valley Community Foundation Fresno State Alumni Association & Arthur Safstrom Community Service recipient (2016).